Helping the Environment by Making Ecologically Smart Choices
A Sprung structure is naturally eco-friendly. Sure, it can be relocated and reused several times, but that's just part of the story.
Materials used in construction, manufacturing processes, adherence to international standards, and "green technologies" all contribute to our smaller global footprint.
Sprung is committed to structures that are environmentally sound that yield next to no construction or landfill waste. In choosing to build with Sprung, you are choosing to build a structure that will help support your efforts to obtain LEED® certification, which means that an independent international group will recognize your structure and building strategies for its environmental and health performance. We even incorporate skylights and windows to take advantage of natural light—and reduce power consumption.
Sprung's Environmentally Responsible Components:
- Aluminum Substructure: Lightweight and compact, moldable, non-rusting, 100% recyclable aluminum
- Architectural Membrane: Durable fabric with a lifespan of up to 30 years
- Premium Insulation: Formaldehyde-free white fiberglass composed of 25% recycled post-consumer glass
Sprung's Environmental Efforts and Their Impact
- Sprung has partnered with Homes of Hope to provide our used membranes for a unique recycling program that covers leaky roofs in Tijuana, Mexico.
- Every day, more than 120 tons of recycled glass, normally bound for the landfill, are melted down and used in making our insulation.
- Every bag of our insulation displays the Eco logo, and is free of both phenol formaldehyde and ammonia emissions.
- To further reduce our carbon footprint, Sprung will source materials locally when available. By sourcing products within North America for North American projects, our purchasing departments reduce the reliance on shipping and transportation.
- Sprung's operations located in Calgary, Canada and Salt Lake City, USA are ISO Certified and follow strict manufacturing and safety protocols.
- Ongoing research and development is underway incorporating solar and wind power into Sprung's structures, and will be available as a package to offer our customers.