Sprung tensioned membrane structures are engineered to provide naturally better climate control with optimal heating and cooling efficiency.
Why We Use the Johns Manville Formaldehyde-Free Fiberglass Insulation
- It’s the only formaldehyde-free fiberglass product of its kind in the world.
- The aluminum foil retains or reflects overall radiant energy, which maximizes energy efficiency.
- The blanket is eight or nine inches thick and fills the entire aluminum I-beam cavity. This eliminates any dead air spaces, providing maximum performance. The R-25 or R-30 rating of the fiberglass blanket contributes to an extremely energy-efficient system.
- The fiberglass is certified by Scientific Certification Systems (SCS) to have a minimum recycled content of 25%, comprised of 20% post-consumer bottle glass and 5% post-industrial glass.
Six Reasons Insulation Performs Better in a Sprung Building
- An up to 9-inch thick (R-30) layer of Johns Manville formaldehyde-free fiberglass blanket insulation performs better than the 6-inch (or less) standards used in metal buildings and conventional constructions. Thicker insulation helps reduce climate control costs and absorb sound for better acoustics.
- Our highly tensioned exterior architectural membrane provides a significantly better airtight building envelope, allowing insulation to retain its maximum thickness and achieve better performance and comfort.
- There is no differentiation between the wall and roof of a Sprung structure. This unique design feature ensures a more consistent R-value rating (the measure of thermal resistance) throughout the entire building envelope. Compare this to metal buildings that compress insulation at many locations within the finished product, thus lowering the R-value rating.
- When you erect a Sprung structure with insulation, you also get our high-strength, rip-stop interior membrane that is more durable than drywall and offers exceptional fire-retardant capability.
- A double vapor barrier system helps reduce mold and mildew. This system includes a vapor-resistant reflective foil backing that retains and reflects radiant heat, which adds to overall energy efficiency.
- The Sprung insulation system comes with an attractive color matched exterior and interior beam cover.
Other Reasons Sprung Structures Outperform
Performance Architectural Membrane
Customize your Sprung structure by choosing from our unique, stylish and functional selection of accessories for industrial and commercial applications.
You may also want to view or download drawings.