Blue Mountain Resort
- Nestled between Lehigh valley and the Pocono Mountains, Blue Mountain resort is home to Pennsylvania’s highest vertical drop at 1082 feet. With the increased popularity of tubing, Blue mountain needed an immediate day lodge to accommodate tubers adjacent to ski lifts.
- 50′ wide by 185′ long Sprung structure was erected which includes a full service kitchen, bar, coffee shop, staff lounge, administrative offices and storage area. The speed of delivery and construction along with the high tech look of the Sprung structure were the determining factors in selecting Sprung for this tube park day lodge application.
- With the immediate positive impact of the tube park day lodge, Blue mountain began phase two of their expansion called Frontier Center which houses a rental shop, ticketing, child care, snack bar, and locker area all in three Sprung tension membrane structures measuring 70’ wide x 95’ long, 60’ wide x 225’ long, 60’ wide x 225’ long complete with two connecting corridors attached to their existing facilities.
This Sprung Structure Features:
- Dupont Tedlar exterior membrane.
- Translucent daylight panels in peak which allow for an optimum amount of natural high.
- High performance fiberglass blanket insulation system complete with highly tensioned white interior membrane.
- Weather proof protective door hood and vestibule system.
- Automatic sliding glass entry doors.
- Double personnel doors.
- Connecting corridor system.
Expansion at Blue Mountain Ski Area
- Blue Mountain Ski Area in Palmerton, Pennsylvania was looking to expand and move several of their service areas to the base of the mountain.
- 70’ wide x 95’ long connected to a 60’ wide x 225’ long structure, with the 60’ wide x 225’ long utilizing 2 additional connecting corridors to adjoin to an existing building.
- The 70’ wide x 95’ long structure is a full service child care “Frontier Center”, while the 60’ wide x 225’ long has ticket sales, locker space, ski/snowboard rentals, food/snack services, and an easy access via corridor to several other existing facilities.