Workers in full Level-A protective gear conduct remedial investigations in a vapor containment Sprung structure.
- 40’ round non-insulated structure with Desert Sand Tedlar membrane
- 1 End Sliding Door, 2 Single Personnel Doors
- Structure was anchored with ballast weights (110 gallon plastic drums filled with sand).
- Structure has crane-lifting hooks, allowing for a smaller structure to be utilized and moved around the larger remediation site.
- The residue is a mixture of ash and highly corroded metal fragments, including remnants of ordnance items.
- Lead recycling activities were also conducted in this area leaving scrap metals, remnants of ordnance and burn residue ash.
- The area is currently being used for equipment storage.
- This environmental remediation contractor chose Sprung based on quality and performance.
The structure also needed to handle a negative pressure using a charcoal filtration system. The limited foundation requirements and relocatability were also factors in choosing Sprung.