- Joseph Brant Hospital, Burlington, Ontario – Emergency Response Facility
- To meet the COVID-19 crisis the hospital needed to add more beds immediately.
- 50′ wide by 165′ long Sprung Structure.
- Delivery and Construction 14 days
- Sprung Structures and BLT Construction teamed up to supply and construct a temporary Pandemic Response Unit to expand the hospital’s bed capacity in preparation for the anticipated surge of COVID-19 patients. This modular structure was built on the hospital grounds and connected to the South Tower. It will provide 93 additional beds for patients who require hospitalization and treatment for COVID-19. The construction of the Pandemic Response Unit will allow the hospital to preserve our critical care and high acuity patient beds for our sickest patients. Physicians from the Burlington community are volunteering to provide patient care in the Pandemic Response Unit, treating COVID-19 positive patients with acute care needs who may require oxygen therapy and ongoing monitoring.