- Redemption World Outreach Center in Greenville, South Carolina, was founded in 1991 by Pastors Ron and Hope Carpenter. What began as a ministry with only three members has now grown to a congregation of more than 14,000 members.
- This mega church wanted to make an immediate impact in the community to address lack of recreational activities for youth.
- The state-of-the-art, 120’wide x 300’ long Sprung structure is used by the entire community as a fitness center (Imagine Center Health and Fitness Club), gymnasium and recreation complex, and includes three full-sized basketball courts where tournaments and basketball leagues of all ages play. The facility’s tall peak height and highly tensioned interior liner provide superior illumination for an optimum playing environment, and a proven fiberglass insulation system provides an energy efficiency superior to standard buildings. In addition, each round end of the Sprung structure has a 12,000 square foot mezzanine level that includes meeting rooms, weight rooms, aerobics rooms, cardiovascular equipment, locker rooms complete with two separate sauna areas, and a raised 1/5th mile running track around the perimeter of the structure that overlooks the three basketball courts.
- Construction – Consisting of approximately 48,000 square feet, the entire fitness complex and recreation facility was delivered and opened in just four months, from mid-February to mid-June.
This Sprung Structure Features
- “I would highly recommend a Sprung building to anyone who is interested in constructing a facility that is “out of the box.” This has been one of the smoothest building projects that this church has been honored to participate in to date.”
Pastor Olin McSherry, RWOC Director of Development
Redemption World Outreach Center