Ski resorts have unique requirements when building their ski facilities. They are often in remote areas with difficult terrain and considerable wind and snow loads. They also have to be well insulated to keep their clients comfortable while maximizing energy efficiency. Sprung structures meet all of these requirements and more. Sprung structures are constructed without the need for traditional foundation requirements, so they can be quickly and easily built in remote areas. Specifically engineered to withstand high wind gusts and shed heavy snow loads, Sprung structures are highly durable to combat winter climate and weather. Energy-efficient insulation packages are also available for superior climate control.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose Sprung
- Engineered for Extreme Climates – Enjoy peace of mind: Sprung structures are engineered to withstand severe weather conditions.
- Rapid Construction Schedule – Significantly reduce construction costs and timelines compared to conventional construction.
- Limited Foundation Requirements – Save on foundation costs where appropriate soil conditions exist. Concrete foundations are not required for Sprung structures up to 160 ft. in width.
- Wow Factor – Create buzz by unveiling Sprung’s sleek, innovative and eye-catching structure as a unique landmark on your property.
- Superior Performing Insulation System – Achieve exceptional performance as well as lower operating and energy costs with Sprung’s airtight building envelope and fully lofted fiberglass insulation system.
Examples of Sprung at Work
Choose Sprung For Ski Facilities
Many ski resort managers and operations directors have already made Sprung their building solution. Sprung structures have been used as ski facilities for resorts like Mammoth Mountain, California and Vail, Colorado, as dining facilities at The Canyons Ski Resort, as a member lounge facility for Bretton Woods Alpine Club in New Hampshire, as restaurant and retail space for Sierra-at-Tahoe Ski Resort, and as lounge, rental shop, equipment storage and administration space at Tamarack Ski Resort in Idaho.
A cost-effective alternative to traditional buildings, Sprung ensures a seamless integration into your resort property and provides you with additional space and increased revenue, no matter the time of year. Sprung structures can be leased up to five years with an option to purchase. Contact your Sprung representative for more details.