Performance & Durability
Through invention, design and continued innovation, Sprung structures excel when it comes to performance, durability, strength, and sustainability.
We Build It Right the First Time
- A Sprung technical consultant is on site throughout the assembly process to monitor every project, ensuring our top quality standards are never compromised.
- Our substructures are made of aluminum—known for its high strength-to-weight ratio, superior malleability and excellent corrosion resistance.
- If you want to add insulation, you’ll also get a high-strength, rip-stop interior membrane that provides a complete finished interior. There is no need to add additional drywall or buildout.
Extraordinary All-Weather Durability
- Our sophisticated tension system is built using individual 15 ft. (4.5-meter) membrane panels that are tensioned both vertically and horizontally.
- Combined with each Sprung structure’s unique shape, the robust tension system is built to endure extreme conditions—be it a frozen ice field or an active war zone.
- Other examples:
- Extreme Cold: Arctic Watch, the world’s most northerly lodge, is located 80 miles south of the Magnetic North Pole.
- Extreme Winds: The Missile Defense System integrated architecture at Fluor Alaska Inc., located in Shemya, Alaska, is engineered to withstand wind loads of 120 mph. Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa in Vanuatu was used as a storm shelter on March 13, 2015 during Cyclone Pam, a category 5 cyclone.
- Extreme Snowfalls: The Kirkwood Mountain Resort in Lake Tahoe, California, has set a world record for snowfall in a single week at 9.7 feet in February 2011.
- Extreme Heat: Former U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld addressed troops in front of a Sprung structure in the Kuwait desert.
- The fiberglass insulation system in Sprung fabric structures outperforms other types of construction, resulting in less environmental impact and lower operating costs.
- Additionally, there is virtually no air leakage, thanks to our unique design and performance insulation.
Sustainable Building Solutions
- Our care for the environment extends beyond our products to include the way we operate our business.
- We use recycled content wherever possible, engage in responsible construction waste management practices, and our structures are renowned for their exceptional energy performance, durability and end-of-life deconstructability.
- If you want to obtain LEED® certification, ask us how our well-documented environmentally sound products and building strategies can support your efforts.
Lower Overall Costs