- SpaceX was founded to revolutionize space technology towards making life multi-planetary.
- They are the world’s leading provider of launch services and is proud to be the first private company to have delivered astronauts to and from the International Space Station (ISS), and the first and only company to complete an all-civilian crewed mission to orbit.
- SpaceX is deeply committed to maintaining a safe orbital environment, protecting human spaceflight, and ensuring the environment is kept sustainable for future missions.
- In 2002 SpaceX was founded by Elon Musk with the goal of reducing space transportation costs to enable the colonization of Mars.
- SpaceX manufactures the Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy launch reusable vehicles, several rocket engines, Cargo Dragon, and crew spacecraft.
- They needed more immediate space for building and testing rocket ships.
- Two 150’ wide by 375’ long Sprung structures
- One 150′ wide by 345′ long Sprung structure
- Special 2-container anchoring system
- Customized door size
To download a printable version of this project report CLICK HERE.
- SpaceX needed much-needed manufacturing space quickly.
- After seeing firsthand how Sprung performed in supplying Tesla with a model three production facility in 20 days, SpaceX turned to Sprung Structures who designed and engineered three 150’ wide structures within a few short weeks of order.
- The scale of the SpaceX Falcon 9 is significant in scope which meant that a standard 150’ wide structure needed additional clearances.
- Sprung developed a unique anchoring system on two levels of containers to gain additional manufacturing height.
- We also provided a customized door large enough to handle manufactured rockets without the typical “special order” delays.
- SpaceX continues to innovate space technologies and Sprung continues to respond to their needs including smaller storage structures, new door systems, and facility upgrades.
“I think fundamentally the future is vastly more exciting and interesting if we’re a space-faring civilization and a multi-planet species than if we’re are not. You want to be inspired by things. You want to wake up in the morning and think the future is going to be great. And that’s what being a spacefaring civilization is all about.”
– Elon Musk, September 2017
For more information on SpaceX CLICK HERE.