- Kirkwood Mountain Resort – Lake Tahoe, California
- Located 35 miles southwest of Lake Tahoe in California, Kirkwood Mountain Resort is well known for the highest average snowfalls in excess of 500 inches per year.
- In 2006, the resort needed to expand immediately.
- 30’ wide by 130’ long Sprung structure houses ski rentals and a ticketing center.
- 70′ wide by 90′ long Sprung structure houses a retail shop, restrooms, a full bar, and restaurant.
- Sprung structures have been an integral part of Kirkwood’s on-hill facilities since July 2006 and continue to perform extremely well in high snow load areas.
- In February 2011 Kirkwood Resort received news that they had just set a world record for snowfall in a single week – 9.7 FEET.
- Kirkwood received news that according to SkiInfo, an entity in Europe that collects snow data from ski resorts around the world, Kirkwood had received more snow in 7 days which was more
than ever previously recorded at any ski area in the world.
Designed for high snow loads