Zoos are turning to Sprung to increase revenue-generating activities by adding new buildings and spaces. A Sprung structure is a cost-effective and fast way to build multi-use facilities for exhibition spaces, event and entertainment centers, banquet facilities or pavilions, and specialty animal housing such as aviary buildings. Sprung structures are permanent but are also designed to be flexible, and can easily be repurposed or moved as needs change.
Sprung has provided fast and effective building solutions for many zoos across North America, Highlights include the Buffalo Zoo’s walk-in interactive aviary building, which showcases over 300 birds native to the Australian outback. The National Aviary in Pittsburgh has also expanded their footprint by using a Sprung structure as an onsite aviary enclosure.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose Sprung
- Wow Factor – Create buzz by unveiling Sprung’s sleek, innovative and eye-catching structures as unique landmarks on your property.
- Custom Colors and Graphics – Choose from a wide selection of color fast exterior membrane options and showcase your brand with high-quality custom Sprung graphics.
- Immediate Delivery from Inventory – Complete projects in a much shorter time-frame than those offered by conventional construction practices.
- Sunlight and a Bright, Welcoming Space – Daylight panels and glazing walls allow more natural light to penetrate and brighten up interior spaces like aviary enclosures.
- Lease with Option to Purchase – Increase your cash flow savings with Sprung’s convenient in-house leasing program.
Examples of Sprung at Work
Choose Sprung For Zoo Structures
Sprung structures provide significantly better aesthetics over conventional zoo tents. Our technology includes highly tensioned and extremely durable exterior membranes, optional insulation packages, high-visibility glazing walls, and a wide variety of door and exterior color choices.
Many zoos have already made Sprung their building solution of choice. Sprung structures have been used as retail spaces at the San Diego Zoo, exhibition spaces at the Toronto Zoo, elephant enclosures for the Edmonton Zoo, warehousing facilities at the San Francisco Zoo, and banquet spaces at the Conservatory of Flowers in San Francisco.
A Sprung structure is engineered for year-round use and is an ideal solution for a multipurpose zoo facility that can be used for large-space zoo exhibits such as an elephant enclosure, giraffe range, or aviary structure. You can also rent them out for special or corporate events, including weddings and parties. Our convenient in-house leasing option allows zoos to rent structures from one month to five years with option to purchase. Contact us today to see how our solutions might work for your facilities.