Sprung structures are ideal for meeting the unique needs of the rail industry. Our tensioned membrane structures are available immediately from inventory, utilize a relocatable, clear-span design, can be leased or purchased, and are easily and quickly installed. Sprung structures can be built with minimal foundation requirements so they can be built almost anywhere, and can even be craned into place over existing infrastructure. They are design engineered for portability and ease of movement so they have the flexibility to be relocated numerous times and for a variety of applications. A variety of proven cargo doors and a long-lasting architectural membrane ensure long-term flexibility and reliability.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose Sprung
- Engineered for Extreme Climates – Enjoy peace of mind: Sprung structures are engineered to withstand extreme weather conditions.
- Immediate Delivery from Inventory – Complete projects in a much shorter time-frame than conventional construction.
- Limited Foundation Requirements – Save on foundation costs where appropriate soil conditions exist. Concrete foundations are not required for Sprung structures up to 160 ft. in width.
- Modular, Relocatable Clear Span Design – Disassemble, move or completely reconfigure. Ideal for multi-use applications.
- Lease with Option to Purchase – Increase your cash flow savings with Sprung’s convenient in-house leasing program.
Examples of Sprung at Work
Why Sprung for your Railway Station or Building?
The rail industry is choosing Sprung structures for their permanent and temporary rail building needs at rail yards, train stations and remediation sites around the world. Kyoto steel chose Sprung for environmental remediation after mustard gas canisters were found during their rail line construction. Canadian Pacific Railway chose sprung for their wheel change out assembly facility. The structure needed to go over existing rails and a working pit, and protect CPR’s workers from sub-freezing temperatures.
With an almost indefinite lifespan, a Sprung railway building offers all-weather and a virtually maintenance-free aluminum substructure that is durable enough for a 50-year guarantee. Many rail companies also prefer to lease Sprung structures for applications ranging from one month to five years, and our flexible payment options ensure it is economically viable. Contact your Sprung representative for more information about our railway building solutions.